Does it matter to you… what we do at SHORT SHEEP?
A sustainable approach to the management of the SHORT SHEEP Vineyard …
all aspects of producing and selling our wines is important to us.
We have adopted the following practices:
- An integrated pest management system in the Vineyard.
- Graze short sheep all year & crash graze cows during the winter in the vineyard, thereby reducing diesel consumption and the use of herbicides.
- Spread organic fertilisers, humate & Seasol.
- Feed grape marc to cows to reduce their methane emissions.
- Energy requirements met by solar panels.
- Harvest rainwater on site (no water goes into wine).
- Choose recycled/carbon neutral products when available.
- Use lean+Green® bottles for over 90% of our bottling.
- Use Australian products when available reducing air mile.